December 2020 licensing changes
The changes include:
- one learner period
- 80 compulsory logbook hours, including 15 at night
- no hands free mobile phone use during the learner and P1 periods
- changes to the maximum speed limit for learners and P1 licence holders
- a Hazard Perception Test to gain a P1
- peer passenger restrictions for P1 drivers under 25
- requirement to display green P plates in the P2 stage.
You can also see the licence process for each novice licence stage for licences that were held before the changes were introduced.